Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Surgery Day Update

I just wanted to give a post-surgery update. Everything went well, the doctor was very pleased with the outcome. He was able to remove the excess tissue and make that area level with the rest of my uterus, so it should look like a normal uterus now! I will now go on hormone pills for 3 weeks to build up the lining in my uterus and then I will have an ultrasound. If the doctor likes what he sees, we can start IVF; otherwise he might put me back on birth control for a couple weeks.

I'm feeling good, just a bit crampy, as is expected. I also cannot wait for things to not taste like plastic (this is thanks to the tube they put in my throat while I was under anesthesia).

Thanks to everyone who said a little cheer for my uterus (and my doctor!) today :)

Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment