Monday, August 6, 2012

Shot one... done!

IVF #2 is officially underway as I have taken my first shot! It didn't hurt at all; just as last time, I get more stressed about mixing up the meds than the actual injection. We have a new medication this time, so it was a little different, but not bad! I have my first monitoring appointment on Friday where I will have bloodwork and an ultrasound to check the status of my hormone levels and ovaries. I can't wait for the day when they use that "magical" ultrasound wand to check on something other than the status of my uterus and ovaries!

In other good news, we applied for a grant back in June that gives out money to young adult cancer survivors, and we found out today that we made the second round of the application process! We won't find out until November if we are going to be granted any money, but it's nice to know we're still in the running. What a great way to kick off our new IVF cycle!

Until Friday...

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment